church of Christ | Globally
The Church of Christ was built and with the blood of Jesus Christ. It was established on the day of Pentecost after His resurrection (Acts 2, 20:28). It is the most important institution in the world!
At Georgia Avenue church of Christ you will find the gospel preached in truth and love and a dedicated body of people who worship God as He has commanded in His inspired word. We believe in continual and systematic Bible study, obedience to God's will, and distinctive godly living (2 Tim. 2:15; Matt. 7:21; Rom. 12:1-2). In other words, we seek to be the church that you read about in the New Testament. Nothing more, nothing less.
We welcome you to our website and stand ready to welcome you into our assembly whenever you are able to join us. If you are new in our community, we want you to know that there is a place for you here at the Georgia Avenue church of Christ.
Georgia Avenue church of Christ
The congregation at Georgia Avenue church of Christ assembled for its first worship service on November 5, 2006. That Lord's Day morning, there was a gathering of 31 souls. Today, we have more than 70 members.
Our membership is committed to understanding God's word and rightly applying it in our lives. With the Lord's blessings, and our continued efforts to spread the gospel truth, we look forward to sustained spiritual and numerical growth. We would be thankful if you joined us for Bible study and/or worship one day soon.
The bible teaches the church is:
- Built by Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:13-18)
- Purchased by the blood of Christ (Acts 20:28)
- Built on Jesus Christ as the only foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11)
- Not built on Peter, Paul, or any other man (1 Corinthians 1:12-13)
- Composed of the saved, who are added to it by the Lord who saves them (Acts 2:47)
To enter the Lord's church, the bible teaches you must:
- Hear the Word of God (Romans 10:17; John 6:44-45; Revelations 2:6)
- Believe in Jesus Christ (Hebrews 11:6; John 8:24; Acts 16:31)
- Repent of your sins (Turn away from your sins) (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30)
- Confess faith in Jesus (Matthew 10:32; Acts 8:37; Romans 10:9-10)
- Be baptized into the saving blood of Jesus Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Acts 10:48; Acts 22:16)
- Live obedient to the teachings of Christ until death ( 2 Peter 1:4-11; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 9:27; 2 Peter 2:20-22)
The Bible teaches that by baptism:
- You are saved from sins (Mark 16:16 1 Peter 3:21)
- You have remission of sins (Acts 2:38)
- Sins are washed away by the blood of Christ (Acts 22:16; Hebrews 9:22; Hebrews 10:22; 1 Peter 3:21)
- You enter into the church (1 Corinthians 12:13; Acts 2:41,47)
- You enter into Christ (Galatians 3:26-27; Romans 6:3-4)
- You put on Christ and become a child of God (Galatians 3:26-27)
- You are born again, a new creature (Romans 6:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-6)
- You obey Christ (Mark 16:15-16; Acts 10:48; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
- You have followed that “form of doctrine” that Christ followed (Rom 4:3-4; 17)
The bible teaches that the NT faithful church will:
- Worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24)
- Meet on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7; Hebrews 10:25)
- Pray (James 5:16; Acts 2:42; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Sing, making melody with the heart (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16)
- Eat the Lord's supper on the first day of the week (Acts 2:42 20:7; Matthew 26:26-30; 1 Corinthians 11:20-32)
- Give, liberally and cheerfully (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 8:1-5; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8)